Who is the training for? This training is for people that are able to talk to residents for 10-15 minutes about changes they need to make in their behaviour or key decisions. These conversations might be related to their lifestyles, health or specific decisions like vaccination.
Course objectives By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- understand the spirit of Motivational Interviewing and the core techniques
- draw on the practice of Motivational Interviewing with people who would benefit from behaviour change
- identify what motivation people have to change
- build and strengthen their motivation to change
Course outline The session lasts for 3 hours, including a break mid-way through. It covers:
- Behaviour change and the principles of Motivational Interviewing
- Core skills, strategies and processes
- Watching and critiquing a model conversation
- Putting Motivational Interviewing skills into practice
Course delivery The training is delivered on Zoom. It is interactive; delivery is supported by video clips and exercises.
Full instructions on how to join the session on Zoom will be sent out 24-48 hours before the course. If you have not received the link at least an hour before the session is due to start, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also get in touch at email@example.com:
- To arrange for bespoke sessions for your team.
- If the session is fully booked and you would like to be placed on our waiting list for the next available session.